Closing Date: May 27, 2019
The Systems Administrator is a member of the ERP Systems Team within Technology and Facility Services. The individual is responsible for the configuration and maintenance of the College’s ERP systems, the successful introduction of new and revised workflow to improve business processes, and assure the ERP systems continually meet the college’s needs.
Reporting to the Director of ERP Systems, the Systems Administrator will work closely with Enterprise Operations, Technology teams, vendors, designated functional leads, and subject matter experts to assist in the configuration and implementation of ERP and on premise systems. This individual is responsible for administering overall system security, configurations, coordinate efforts around system upgrades, and assisting to determine training needs for new features. The ideal candidate will be action-oriented, and a critically thinking individual with strong communication, analytical skills, and interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time, on-site position with benefits based at 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY 12203.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement workflow, configuration, and security role changes.
- Assure a strong security footprint per Excelsior standards.
- Collaborate closely with Quality Assurance Analyst to assure processes and standards are efficient.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date documentation and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Respond and resolve remedy ticket submissions; identify and report on end user needs/issues.
- Support new and existing applications and integrations.
- Analyze complex business processes and define application requirements and technical specifications.
- Serve as system subject matter expert and confer with clients regarding processing needs and develop plans designed to enhance efficiencies.
- Prepare accurate time estimates for projects and manage tasks to meet deadlines.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business related field.
- Five years of system analyst or system administration duties preferred.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and practices preferred.
- Professional experience in a customer focused role.
- Ability to work with cloud-based vendors.
- Experience testing, maintaining, and monitoring computer programs and systems.
- Displays values of diverse perspectives with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems analysis principles to understand how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Ability to coordinate numerous activities simultaneously while providing quality user support to achieve optimized results.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills including the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while providing quality customer service and products.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work alternate shifts on an as needed basis.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: