Closing Date: April 26, 2019
The Student Support Specialist is a front line, student service position that serves the needs of our inquiries, prospective and enrolled students. The Student Support team is primarily responsible for providing a positive experience to all students from inquiry through enrollment. The Student Support team is responsible for meeting the needs of all students by providing accurate, consistent, and timely information through various communication techniques. The position requires a positive and caring commitment to provide exceptional service, understanding of Excelsior College, degree programs, policies, and services offered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Student Support Specialist will work as a team to assist in case management activities for prospective and enrolled students.
- Work collaboratively with Admissions Counselors and Academic Advisors to ensure a seamless student experience.
- Communicate with prospective students, applicants, and enrolled students via phone, chat, text, and email.
- Work as a team to handle a high volume of inbound and outbound phone calls.
- Trained and coached to have a general understanding of Excelsior college, programs, processes, tuition and fees, and other key information.
- The Student Support Specialist should possess good communications skills and the ability to deal with challenging situations in a courteous and professional manner.
- The Student Support Specialist supports all functions and initiatives within the Office of Student Experience Success Services (OSESS).
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development.
- Stay current with knowledge and use of Excelsior College’s Student Information System (SIS), telephony system, and
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in support of the needs of OSESS.
- Associates Degree, preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in a Communication Center or Admissions office, preferred
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high-energy office and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with all colleagues
- Ability to master and assimilate a large amount of information about academic offerings with accuracy and detail
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills are essential
- The ideal candidate will have experience in customer service and demonstrate an interest in promoting distance learning to a diverse adult student population
- Ability to work weekday evenings until 8:00pm and Saturdays
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: