Closing Date: January 27, 2020
Do you have a passion for assisting individuals in meeting their career and educational goals? Do you have experience recruiting through in-person or virtual formats, building relationships, and managing outreach and communication activities?
With Excelsior College’s Strategic Partnership & Alliances (SPA) team you can do so through purposeful collaborations with corporations, associations, government entities, academic institutions, and like-minded organizations serving those seeking to complete a college degree, with an emphasis on those underrepresented in higher education.
Working closely with a Regional Director of Strategic Partnerships and other SPA team members, the Student Recruiter is responsible for growing inquiries, enrollments, revenue, and building relationships within existing partnerships by executing engagement, outreach, and communication activities. Student Recruiters are focused on recruiting students, developing relations within partner organizations to further build our brand, promoting Excelsior College products and services, and facilitating outreach through face-to-face and virtual student recruiting activities, webinars, development of email, and social media campaigns, etc.
Apply your passion for helping people with Excelsior College, a pioneer in distance education in this full-time position based in or within an hour of Dallas, Texas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with multiple Regional Directors (RD), Partnership Managers, Student Recruiters, other SPA team members as well as other stakeholders (Admissions, Advisors, etc.) at Excelsior College. Interface with Partnership Admissions Team to assist prospective students through the admissions pipeline.
- Execute engagement, outreach, and communication activities developed by Regional Directors (RD’s) including but not limited to;
- Organize and represent Excelsior at both virtual and face-to-face (f2f) outreach events such as education/benefits fairs, webinars, direct enrollment events, and various other student facing events,
- Work with prospective students through the inquiry funnel to admissions, ensuring recruitment of students that are a good fit for Excelsior,
- Prepare and present to individuals and groups in designated geographical regions on Excelsior College programs, products, and services,
- Provide prospective students with initial transcript (high level) reviews of how credits may transfer to Excelsior.
- Provide prospective students and partner contacts with answers, feedback, and information as necessary and as requested.
- Engage with partners and prospective students via social media, newsletters, direct mail, email campaign, and /or other communication vehicles to continue promoting our brand, and our partnership program (as per Excelsior guidelines and best practices).
- Document partner and student activities/engagements through Salesforce CRM.
- Participate in prospective student call/text/email campaigns as necessary to increase inquiries, applications, admits, enrollments, and course registrations.
- Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited institution is required, preferably in Marketing or Communications.
- Two years of progressive business development experience or student recruiting is preferred. Previous experience in higher education is preferred.
- Experience with adult learners, veterans or online education environments is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and decision making skills.
- Ability to review/prepare accurate and detailed reports, documents, and correspondence.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and willingness to learn new applications. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- A willingness to travel is essential and a valid Driver’s License is required.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: