Closing Date: October 15, 2020
The Student Communications Manager creates and directs the distribution of engaging content intended to support the student experience. The Student Communications Manager provides communications support to student-facing units under the Provost’s Office umbrella as well as to Marketing to ensure students receive appropriate and timely information through the appropriate channel. As a member of the communications team within Marketing, the Student Communications Manager works with the Executive Director of Communications and Creative Services, Social Media and Content Strategist, and individuals across the College on communications plans and focused messaging for students. Communications would span from inquiry stage through degree/certificate completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate student communications, working collaboratively and strategically with stakeholders across the College.
- Standardize student communication tools and process to ensure appropriate use of channels for specific messaging.
- Audit and review existing automated communications with individual units to determine appropriate level of automated vs. personal outreach.
- Ensure communications are engaging and reflect a tone and manner consistent with the Excelsior College brand: empathic, trustworthy, service-oriented, passionate, and professional.
- Generate written communications, including emails and scripts, for sharing intended messaging with student audiences.
- Direct the distribution of communication through appropriate channels.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the College to prepare presentations and webinars for students and to support student events.
- Strategize best practices for reaching students effectively—considering right place, right time, right message—and measuring their response.
- The ideal candidate brings exemplary communication skills, enthusiasm, and strategic thinking to this position. Please provide a cover letter and writing samples.
Other requirements include:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, English, or a related field is required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in a communications capacity.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, writing and editing, and listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to convey messages to targeted audiences.
- High degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment.
- Exhibits sound judgment; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Strong analytical, critical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: