Closing Date: July 19, 2019
The Senior Registration and Records Associate is a full time position based at 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY., reporting to the Registrar. The Senior Registration and Records Associate will perform a variety of administrative functions,which require the ability to learn and apply established polices and practices to support the activities of this position. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and professional communication skills are required to ensure the daily work flow is organized, prioritized, and accurately completed within prescribe timeframes.
The Senior Registration and Records Associate will demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer applications, and the Excelsior College Student Information System (SIS) (for internal candidates). The position requires a commitment to providing quality service by assimilating a large body of factual information and relating it to students, faculty, and staff in a caring, efficient and consistent manner. Initiative, problem-solving and decision making skills are required to perform the duties of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- End of term extraction which includes working and following up with the faculty.
- Grade changes for courses.
- Extension requests for courses and exams.
- Coordinate with the schools and other units to restore course access to students for excessive absenteeism appeals.
- Compose written responses to students, staff, and faculty for questions received via email and the message center.
- Address concerns and resolve problems involving grade changes, appeals, and course and exam extensions encountered by students, staff, and faculty.
- Answer the telephone and provide information to staff, faculty, and other third parties.
- NCCRS Transcript Service
- Run Qlikview Reports and extract relevant data.
- Competency in College policies and procedures and their applicability to course appeals, grade changes, and extensions.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and adjunct faculty.
- Prep, scan, and index registration documents using the College’s imaging and work flow systems.
- Manage a high volume of work while maintaining fast turnaround time.
- Assist other Office of the Registrar’s teams as needed.
- Conduct accurate data entry using Word and the Student Information System.
- Associate degree and a minimum of three years of related experience and/or training.
- Experience working in a Registrar/Record’s Office.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to write, edit correspondence, and communicate by phone with students, staff, and faculty.
- Must demonstrate excellent time management.
- Ability to master a wide body of knowledge with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Work flexible hours as needed.
- Must be dependable.
- Must demonstrate high level of initiative.
- Keyboard 50-55 wpm.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: