Closing Date: November 26, 2018
The Senior Integration Developer is responsible for in depth understanding of enterprise technology systems, business processes, and various enterprise integration technologies. The Senior Integration Developer supports functional areas and participates in complex business analysis in support of enterprise systems. The Senior Integration Developer is responsible for all aspects of the integration development life cycle and for managing all details related to an assigned project, including quality assurance. This includes leading team-oriented design and development, interacting with the user community to determine needs, writing technical specifications and documentation, developing, maintaining, and testing required integration software, and managing tasks to an established time line.
The integration developers are responsible for writing custom software or use an Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tool to integrate disparate off the shelf software to function as a cohesive whole. Senior Integration Developers are responsible for complete and accurate synchronization between the College’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) student information system (SIS), the College’s Customer Relationship System (CRM) system, and other systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex business processes and define application requirements.
- Read and understand specifications delivered by third-party vendors
- Ability to rapidly analyze technical problems and propose practical solutions
- Develop ETL data work flows and code for new data integrations and maintain/enhance existing work flows and code using Pentaho Data Integration.
- Create/maintain/enhance SQL statements, stored procedures, and functions.
- Write technical specifications and documentation.
- Understand security implications of different data elements (e.g. PII, PCI, etc.)
- Prepare accurate time estimates for projects and manages tasks to meet deadlines.
- Correct automated integrations between systems upon failure.
- Perform appropriate business and technical analysis and design.
- Develop, maintain, and test integrations.
- Assure work done by integration developers, consultants and other programming resources meet standards.
- Support existing integrations as needed.
- Attend professional conferences and training courses as required.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields or Associates degree with equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of integration experience or five years of software development experience.
- At least five years SQL programming experience (PL/SQL and/or T-SQL preferred).
- At least three years of ETL tool experience is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with unit testing and automated testing.
- Experience developing applications in a business environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills including the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while providing quality customer service and products.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: