Excelsior’s instructional faculty members come from a variety of backgrounds but are all selected for their expertise within their discipline.
To teach at Excelsior College is to engage students, guide and actively support their learning, assess their achievements, and embrace teaching excellence. Instructional faculty should clearly communicate EC academic standards, provide constructive feedback throughout the course, and provoke critical thinking. Our instructional faculty are expected to help students challenge their own thinking and to form connections between theory and practice.
Excelsior College provides fully developed courses with materials and activities to allow the faculty to focus on the students. Instructional faculty are expected to create an effective and vibrant online learning community by maintaining a meaningful presence in courses at least 4 days per week. They should expect to provide prompt and substantive responses to student needs, offer timely formative feedback on student work, and demonstrate their subject matter expertise through constructive involvement with student discussions and learning activities. Excelsior looks for our instructional faculty to demonstrate a commitment to student success by supporting college engagement and retention initiatives, reaching out to struggling students and collaborating with faculty program directors and support staff to ensure students have access to all available services and supports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all College and School of Graduate Studies policies as outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
- Teach the course, making no changes to content or implementation guidelines.
- Be familiar with the learning management system used as well as the support services available to students.
- Manage the online course, including course related communication, timely submission of grades, and office hours.
- Create an effective, engaged and vibrant online learning community by maintaining a meaningful active presence in courses.
- Provide prompt and substantive responses to student needs, offer timely formative feedback on student work and demonstrate their subject matter expertise in strategic human resource management through constructive involvement with student discussions and learning activities.
- Complete a faculty course evaluation within one week of completion of the course term.
- Encourage students to complete the Excelsior College online course evaluation.
- Notify the Faculty Program Director if the participation requirements cannot be met due to illness or an emergency.
- Demonstrate a commitment to student success by supporting college engagement
and retention initiatives.
- Other duties as outlined in the Instructional Faculty Agreement.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related healthcare field with demonstrated coursework in informatics.
- Current RN license is required.
- Minimum of two years professional experience in health informatics.
- Doctorate in nursing or related field.
- Higher education teaching.
- On-line teaching experience, particularly in health/nursing informatics.
- Certificate in informatics.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: