Closing Date: December 26, 2018
The One Stop Counselor assists in the day-to-day operations of the Student Registration and Financial Services Unit. The primary focus is support (phones, emails, and work queues) for Course Registration, Financial Aid and Student Accounts. Additionally, this position will be responsible for various processing requirements for each of the functional areas.
- Primary on phones to counsel students.
- Primary on all assigned work queues, email and message center communications.
- Support the collection of required documentation and processing of forms related to functional areas within the unit.
- Show competency in Institutional policies and procedures.
- Keep current on regulations pertaining to programs administered by Excelsior College.
- Serve as an information resource for incoming students, transfers, and re-entering students and continue to support them through graduation.
- Assist with developing, revising, and updating processes of the unit related to programs administered by the college.
- Support the development of the whole student by providing excellent customer service and resolution of issues through telephone, email, and preparation of written correspondence.
- Participate in ongoing professional development along with the encouragement of the growth of colleagues.
- Stay current with knowledge and use of databases required for workflows.
- Refer students to appropriate Excelsior College staff to provide desired services as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in support of the needs of the unit and the students we serve.
- This position requires an Associates Degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in higher education student services.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and sound problem solving skills are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with PowerFAIDS financial aid data management system and demonstrate an interest in promoting distance learning higher education to a diverse adult student population.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: