Closing Date: January 30, 2020
Excelsior College, a recognized world leader in distance higher education, makes college degrees accessible to working adults with highly flexible and affordable degree programs. Excelsior College is a private, independently chartered institution. A staff of 300+ serves over 27,000 enrolled students worldwide. The college is currently seeking candidates for the part-time position (8 days per month/12 hours per week) Military Education Representative/Consultant for Naval Station Norfolk and the surrounding communities.
The primary function of this position is to provide student support and advising services, and promote an increased awareness of Excelsior College at Naval Station Norfolk and the surrounding communities. The responsibilities of this position meet with prospective students at Naval Station Norfolk and in the surrounding communities by personal advising sessions to assist in the admissions and degree planning process and assist students with course selection and registration. The position requires a commitment to providing quality service by assimilating a large body of factual information, and relating it to students in a caring, efficient and consistent manner. The representative must have the ability to professionally represent Excelsior College within the wide academic and military community. Under direct supervision of the Assistant Director, Military Outreach in the Center for Military and Veteran Education, the Military Education Representative will also work closely with the Naval Station Norfolk Navy College Center in a collaborative approach to deliver quality programs and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general advisement for prospective students via personal interview. Conduct preliminary reviews of college and military transcripts toward Excelsior College degree programs to enable students to make an informed enrollment decision regarding Excelsior College. Provide information on Excelsior courses, examinations, degree program planning, enrollment information, military tuition assistance, and veterans benefits. Assist students with the enrollment process.
Assist Excelsior College students with course selection, update evaluations, and general student advising in collaboration with Excelsior’s Center for Military and Veteran Education.
- Provide reports on activities relating to prospective student appointments, contacts, and presentations. Provide reports on student appointments and activities.
- Participate in college education fairs and other on-post education-related activities as assigned.
- Work toward college strategic planning goals and military enrollment and course goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Previous experience in higher education and/or military education is preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with students, military education counselors, and Excelsior College staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Applications.
- Attentive to detail.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: