Closing Date: January 14, 2019
Reporting to the Director of Technical and Facility Services, the Maintenance Specialist will be responsible for performing multiple tasks in Excelsior College’s Facilities Department. The Maintenance Specialist will need to be self-motivated, flexible, team-oriented individual. Attention to detail while maintaining an orderly and safe premise of the College grounds and buildings.
• Set up of conferences rooms
• Move, setup, and storage of office furniture
• Clean, dust and empty trash, as required
• Hang pictures, whiteboards, or other items
• Replace light bulbs in cubicles and office furniture
• Transportation of small equipment or tools between departments and buildings
• Management of the secure destroy process at the college
• Maintain organization of warehouse and inventory of tools
• Building preventative maintenance
• General knowledge of commercial plumbing, electrical & HVAC maintenance
• Grounds Maintenance –Perform a variety of tasks necessary to achieve a pleasant and functional outdoor environment. (keeping grounds clean and orderly, landscaping, and maintains walkways (shovels, salts), as needed)
• Good attention to detail
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to follow instructions and provide quality staff service
• Ability to lift and move 70-100 pounds
• Ability to work individually and as a team member
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Some PC knowledge preferred, (e-Mail, Microsoft Office Suite, ticketing system)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. This position requires both walking and sitting. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to cold, wet and/or humid conditions and high, precarious places.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: