Closing Date: June 24, 2019
Perform the full internal audit cycle, including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness and financial reliability as well as compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and adherence to the mission of the College. Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans. Execute risk-based internal audits in accordance with annual plan as well as assist with other audit matters and projects. Conduct financial-related investigations (e.g., fraud, improper use of funds, etc.), policy review, committee work and participation, and educating key College staff on audit-related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review key internal controls, including cash and payroll
- Review implementation and effectiveness of accounting policies and manual
- Review general organization-level controls, including conflict of interest and ethical code of conduct, segregation of duties, delegation of authority
- Analyze and evaluate documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Prepare and present reports to the Audit Committee, College President, Senior Management and others that reflect audit results and document processes
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s response
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, and goal achievement
- Develop and lead enterprise risk management procedures
- Maintain communication with the Audit Committee and management, and
- Review Information Technology Controls, including user access, system, application and data security, system and application change management, use of spreadsheets
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field from a regionally accredited institution. A master’s degree and not-for-profit accounting experience is preferred
- Licensure as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred, but not required
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures as well as internal control structures
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: