Closing Date: January 2, 2019
The Institutional Research Analyst works in a collaborative manner with all members of Analytics and Decision Support to produce quality research and statistics that support faculty, staff, and administrators in making data driven decisions. The Research Analyst extracts data from the student information system and other data repositories, prepares summaries of descriptive statistics according to established reporting guidelines and schedules, prepares reports requested by external compliance and noncompliance agencies, assists in survey or qualitative data collection administration, and responds to ad hoc requests for descriptive statistics and other information.
- Extract data from Excelsior’s Student Information System using SQL for compliance reporting, external noncompliance reporting, and other requests for information
- Prepare and present data to various audiences using tables, charts, and narrative reports in a way that stakeholders can easily understand
- Administer regularly scheduled and ad hoc surveys/participant research and report results
- Assist with research projects that contribute to the understanding of Excelsior College students
- Develop a level of expertise with qualitative data collection and analysis [includes arranging focus groups, creating focus group manuals in conjunction with stakeholders, facilitating focus group sessions or interviews, and analyzing qualitative data].
- Maintain various survey process which includes distributing the instruments, making regular updates at the request of academics, ensure proper documentation for any changes, maintain consistency between survey tool and database, produce reports and ad hoc data requests based upon alumni data, and seek ways to streamline the processes already in place.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and some graduate coursework required (Master’s strongly preferred) in social science, psychology, mathematics, or other program with relevant coursework in statistics and research methods
- Skill and experience with descriptive statistics, large data sets, and qualitative research methods
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, statistical software (such as SPSS, SAS, or R), and querying languages such as SQL are required
- Strong attention to detail, flexible, and ability to work well independently
- Experience in higher education, particularly in an institutional research office, is also desirable
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: