This is a full-time position located at 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY 12203.
Closing date of January 18, 2019, review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, this position is responsible for providing academic leadership in the management and development of school curricula, management and development of faculty, and facilitation of student learning and support for undergraduate and graduate business programs. The faculty program director works within the School of Undergraduate Studies (SUS) to support the strategic plan of the College and is responsible for the academic quality and growth of the program. Travel is required for all faculty, and varies by position.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide leadership and oversight to all matters related to: program development/review; curricular and course development/review.
• Confer with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas, and relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs, occupational areas, and discipline knowledge.
• Participate in ongoing evaluation and quality improvement of curriculum
• Recruit, retain, mentor and evaluate faculty and subject matter experts.
• Determine course schedule and assign faculty for teaching assignments.
• Engage faculty in program and curriculum strategies and development initiatives.
• Work collaboratively to mediate and resolve faculty, curricular, and student issues.
College and School of Undergraduate Studies Responsibilities
• Participate in School of Undergraduate Studies and College-wide committees and activities to support the College’s strategic plan.
• Engage in quality improvement and student satisfaction/retention initiatives.
• Build and maintain community and industry relationships, including project partnerships and student opportunities.
- Earned Doctorate in Operations Mgt., Supply Chain Mgt., Logistics or a closely related field from a regionally accredited United States institution or an equivalent, nationally recognized foreign institution of higher learning.
- Advanced ABD students will be considered.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults.
- Experience with online/distance education preferred.
- Teaching experience in higher education, experience in curriculum development and implementation, and/or industry experience at a managerial level preferred
- Knowledge of the IACBE accreditation and or other specialized accreditation is preferred.
- Canvas or related LMS literacy preferred.
- A variety of competencies (skills & Knowledge) are required including: Adaptability/Flexibility, Building partnerships, Discipline Expertise, Developing Others (Mentoring), Initiative, Innovation, Leadership, Managing Work and Quality and Strategic Decision-making.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: