Closing Date: September 25, 2019
Faculty Program Directors (FPDs) are essential to the governance and academic success of Excelsior College. As academic leaders, FPDs are responsible for the creation of degree programs and the development, oversight, and evaluation of the curriculam. They are also responsible for all aspects of managing faculty, including recruitment, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and professional development.
Faculty Program Directors work closely with the deans, other academic leaders, and staff across the college. They ensure that programs and teaching are of the highest quality and are student-centered. Ongoing professional development, scholarship, and service to the College are also expectations of this position.
This is a non-tenure position based in Albany, New York.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The FPD directs curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation by:
• serving in a leadership role while working with faculty, instructional designers, advisory committees, and outcomes assessment professionals in the development and continuous improvement of curricula,
• fostering a culture of excellence, innovation, and engagement in curriculum development,
• engaging in evidence-based decision making and quality improvement at the program and course levels,
The FPD oversees the administration of courses and supervises faculty by:
• supervising and mentoring adjunct teaching faculty and subject matter experts,
• serving as the project manager for course development and revision,
Education and Experience:
•A minimum of a master’s degree, with preference for an earned doctorate, from a regionally accredited United States institution or an equivalent, nationally recognized foreign institution of higher learning. Experience in higher education is preferred.
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
• Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
• Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults.
• Experience with curriculum development and outcomes assessment.
• Demonstrated ability in a supervisory role.
• Experience with online education preferred.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: