Closing Date: August 28, 2020
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, this position is responsible for providing academic leadership in the management and development of school curricula, management and development of faculty, and facilitation of student learning and support for the MBA program.
Faculty Program Directors work closely with the deans, other academic leaders and staff across the college. They ensure that programs and teaching are of the highest quality and are student-centered, and actively promote diversity and inclusion. Ongoing professional development, scholarship, and service to the College are also expectations of this position. The skills and knowledge required for this position include teamwork, leadership, ability to meet budget requirements and deadlines, graduate business course development, and experience with online education and training, This person must be able to think strategically, gain consensus, collaborate effectively with multiple groups, and execute plans to meet the goals of the Academic Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and oversight to all matters related to program development/review; curricular and course development/review.
- Update program content and materials and/or delivery methods, based on emerging practice, changes in the discipline, instructional effectiveness data, current or future performance requirements, feasibility, and costs.
- Oversee the development of new academic offerings such as programs/courses/vertical credentials.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on the development and assessment of program and course outcomes.
- Confer with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas, and relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs, occupational areas, and discipline knowledge.
- Assist Associate Dean to maximize existing course and content resources, while supporting the development and implementation of a long-range strategic plan.
- Participate in ongoing evaluation and quality improvement of curriculum.
- Recruit, retain, and evaluate faculty and subject matter experts.
- Mentor, train, and develop faculty.
- Participate in activities supporting the College’s strategic plan and the goals of the School of Graduate Studies.
- Build and maintain community and industry relationships.
- An earned Doctorate degree or significant progress towards the completion of a Doctorate in the field of business, economics, accounting, finance or related field or equivalent experience in the targeted discipline/community (an earned PhD is preferred).
- Demonstrated experience with advancing their field.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated commitment to the nontraditional education of adults.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Experience with online/distance education preferred.
- Familiarity with higher education, experience in curriculum and training development and implementation and/or industry experience at a managerial level preferred.
- Ability to leverage and grow relationships with government, industry, military and academic leaders, trainers, and individuals in the field of business.
- Strong skills in course development and online training.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: