Closing Date: June 8, 2020
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, this position is responsible for providing academic leadership in the management and development of school curricula, management and development of faculty, and facilitation of student learning and support for the graduate cybersecurity program.
Faculty Program Directors work closely with the deans, other academic leaders and staff across the college. They ensure that programs and teaching are of the highest quality and are student-centered, and actively promote diversity and inclusion within the cybersecurity field. Ongoing professional development, scholarship, and service to the College are also expectations of this position. The skills and knowledge required for this position include teamwork, leadership, ability to meet budget requirements and deadlines, cybersecurity course development, experience with online education and training, computer applications, problem solving and decision making skills, strong technical and training skills in cybersecurity as well as strong hands-on technical skills. This person must be able to think strategically, gain consensus, collaborate effectively with multiple groups, and execute plans to meet the goals of the Academic Program.
Remote applicants will be considered for this role with the understanding that there will be required training/start-up time (anticipated to be a minimum of 1 month with the possibility of an extra month or so) in the main Albany office; and remote applicants will be required to have had some experience working in a remote capacity (minimum of six months).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and oversight to all matters related to program development/review; curricular and course development/review
- Update program content and materials and/or delivery methods, based on emerging practice, changes in the discipline, instructional effectiveness data, current or future performance requirements, feasibility, and costs
- Oversee the development of new academic offerings such as programs/courses/vertical credentials
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on the development and assessment of program and course outcomes
- Confer with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas, and relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs, occupational areas, and discipline knowledge.
- Assist Associate Dean to maximize existing course and content resources, while supporting the development and implementation of a long-range strategic plan.
- Participate in ongoing evaluation and quality improvement of curriculum
- Recruit, retain, and evaluate faculty and subject matter experts
- Mentor, train, and develop faculty
- Participate in activities supporting the College’s strategic plan and the goals of the School of Graduate Studies
- Build and maintain community and industry relationships
- An earned or substantial progress toward a doctorate in a field related to Cybersecurity; or equivalent professional experience in a related field
- Demonstrated experience with advancing the field of Cybersecurity
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication
- Demonstrated commitment to the nontraditional education of adults
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff
- Experience with online/distance education preferred
- Familiarity with the development and implementation of curriculum and/or training in a related field
- Ability to leverage and grow relationships with government, industry, military and academic leaders, trainers, and individuals in the field of cybersecurity
- Strong skills in course development and online training
Resumes will be reviewed immediately upon submission.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: