Closing Date: January 7, 2019
The skills and knowledge required for this position includes recent nursing clinical experience, experience with nursing education and the ability to collaborate in a team environment. This is a full time non-tenured faculty position, located in Albany, NY, with emphasis on participation as a team member in growing and refining the nursing programs and recruiting, training, and evaluating nursing faculty. Some travel is required of all faculty. Excelsior is institutionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and all the degree programs at the School of Nursing are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The roles and responsibilities of the Full time Nursing Faculty include:
- Participation in undergraduate curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Recruitment, training, and evaluation of clinical and adjunct faculty, and subject matter experts.
- Creation and delivery of courses, assessments, and additional learning resources
- Develop, coordinate, and administer courses, assessments, and additional learning resources.
- Serve on College-wide and School of Nursing committees, subcommittees, and task forces and participate in professional development and community activities, as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution is required. An earned doctorate or significant progress toward completion of the doctorate is preferred. Other qualifications include:
- A license to practice as a registered professional nurse or eligibility for licensure in New York State.
- Eligible to be licensed as an RN in the state of Tennessee and willing to obtain a license to practice as an RN in the state of Tennessee.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults.
- Experience in nursing education and curriculum development.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: