The Clinical Performance in Nursing Examination (CPNE®) is a criterion-referenced performance examination administered over a weekend in a hospital. Students are awarded 8 semester credits upon successful completion. Examiners are responsible for one-on-one clinical evaluation of nursing students enrolled in the Excelsior College distance education nursing program. Part-time clinical examiner positions are available at regional performance assessment centers nationally. The position reports to a regional performance assessment center director or faculty within the Excelsior College School of Nursing.
This part-time position is located near Corpus Christi in Alice, TX. We would consider candidates from the San Antonio, TX area. Candidates who meet the job qualifications and live within a 2 hour driving radius of Alice, TX will be considered.
- Evaluate student performance in patient care and simulated settings.
- Orient students to patient care unit.
- Observe student performance at all times.
- Document student performance using prescribed tools.
- Coordinate student assignment with hospital staff.
- Protect patients from physical jeopardy.
- Consult, as needed, with the supervisor on site during the examination.
- Create a student testing assignment according to examination protocols.
- Assure that the student has the equipment and supplies needed for the examination.
- Master’s degree in Nursing is required.
- Experience in teaching and evaluating generic nursing students in a school of nursing or experience orienting graduate RNs to clinical practice.
- Experience in evaluating students during clinical performance test preferred.
Additional requirements for the position
- Candidate must successfully complete a College-sponsored training program.
- Candidate must be able to work weekends (from 4 pm Friday to 5 pm Sunday) every four to six weeks.
Clinical Examiner positions are available at multiple locations. To view the available locations and to apply, please follow the link below or click the “apply online” button.
For full consideration, please submit three (3) nursing references (RN, NP) that can verify your current contemporary nursing practice along with your application and resume. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: