Closing Date: February 28, 2019
The Systems Administrator is a member of the ERP Systems Team within Technology and Facility Services. The individual is responsible for the configuration and maintenance of the College’s ERP systems, the successful introduction of new and revised work flow to improve business processes, and assure the ERP systems continually meet the college’s needs.
Reporting to the Director of ERP Systems, the Systems Administrator will work closely with enterprise operations, designated functional leads, and subject matter experts to assist in the configuration and implementation of Unit4 Student Management and/or Business World (Agresso) and other systems. This individual is responsible for administering overall system security, configurations, coordinate efforts around system upgrades, helping to determine training needs for new features, and working directly with the ERP vendor’s support teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement work flow, configuration, and security role changes.
- Assure a strong security footprint per Excelsior standards.
- Collaborate closely with Quality Assurance Analyst to assure processes and standards are efficient.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Support new and existing applications and integrations.
- Analyze complex business processes and define application requirements and technical specifications.
- Confer with clients regarding information processing needs and develop action plans to implement.
- Prepare accurate time estimates for projects and manages tasks to meet deadlines.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business related field.
- Five years of system analyst or system administration duties preferred.
- Professional experience in a customer focused role.
- Ability to work with cloud-based vendors.
- Experience testing, maintaining, and monitoring computer programs and systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems analysis principles to understand how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills including the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while providing quality customer service and products.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work alternate shifts on an as needed basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties for this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk, and listen or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The computer and monitor are on continuously. Office space may be shared with one or more staff person(s), which at times requires staff to be able to screen out distractions. The building is air-conditioned and has many windows; however, these windows do not open.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: