Closing Date: October 12, 2020
The Director of Development and Alumni Relations reports to the Chief Marketing & Business Development Officer (CMO). This position develops and manages development and engagement programs that strengthen relationships with donors, alumni and other key College stakeholders, leading to ongoing connections and sustained philanthropic support. The Director is responsible for annual giving, major giving, and planned giving efforts and is active in cultivating and soliciting major donors. This position also establishes, manages and maintains strong lines of communication between alumni and the college, developing alumni interest and participation in the Excelsior College community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Secure financial support for Excelsior College through annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, and special campaigns by:
- Working with the CMO to establish fundraising goals and strategies to achieve the goal.
- Ensuring that stakeholder groups are cultivated and solicited effectively and in ways that will maximize their commitment to the College.
- Managing all stewardship activities to ensure that donors are appropriately recognized in a manner that encourages future giving.
2. Lead efforts to engage alumni of the College by:
- Increasing alumni re-enrollment by working with marketing, the schools, the student success team and enrollment management team to develop a strategy that touches students at various points in their journey.
- Managing and coordinating programs with the Alumni Leadership Council.
- Building an engaged and effective Alumni Association and alumni engagement strategy.
- In collaboration with our Career Development Unit, develop innovative opportunities for alums to connect, give back and engage through initiatives.
- Develop and manage the Alumni & Development annual budget, both revenue forecasting for giving and expenses.
- Work with Marketing to prepare alumni and donor publications/materials, solicit alumni testimonials, identify appropriate alumni to be showcased, and putting out appropriate press releases.
- Supervise staff and the work undertaken to support the functions of the position.
- Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in development, alumni affairs, or related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices associated with fundraising in higher education, including personal solicitation, direct mail, telephone solicitations, e-solicitations, and online giving.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: