Closing Date: May 8, 2019
The Director of CPNE Operations is responsible for oversight, management (including project management) and staffing/resource management related to the administration of the associate degree nursing clinical capstone examination, the Clinical Performance Nursing Examination (CPNE). The roles and responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- CPNE Test Site Oversight
- Project Management
- Staff & Resource Management
- Fiscal Management
The Director of CPNE Operations works closely with the Assistant Dean, the faculty program directors, clinical nursing faculty and support staff to ensure quality of service before, during and after the administration of the CPNE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
I. CPNE Test Site Oversight
A. Ensure all contractual obligations to host sites are met.
- Collaborate with test site hospital representative and the College general counsel to update and/or renew (at least three months prior to renewal date) test site hospital contracts.
- Ensure the College is in compliance with test site contractual obligations (insurance, fees, etc.).
- Ensure clinical faculty are in compliance with College and test site requirements (e.g. training, annual updates, licensure, curricula vitae, immunizations, health status report, drug test, PPD, etc.).
- Ensure students are in compliance with College and test site requirements (e.g. payment of registration fee(s), training, drug test, PPD, health status report, etc.).
B. Meet or exceed budgeted CPNE administration goals.
- Establish new test sites and retain current test sites.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all test site representatives.
- Recruit and collaborate with test site coordinators to address site-specific requirements.
II. People & Resource Management
A. CPAC Staff
- Oversee and direct the performance of the CPAC scheduling staff
- Provide assistance to CPAC staff with onboarding, training and support
- Conduct regular (mid-year and yearly) performance discussions/reviews for CPAC staff
- Conduct quarterly meetings with CPAC staff to review progress toward goal achievement and ensure that team goals are consistent with the SON and Excelsior College missing, strategic plan and overall goals.
B. Clinical Faculty
- Work with human resources to recruit clinical faculty.
- Assume oversight of onboarding process upon hiring of clinical faculty.
- Collaborate with FPD(s) to facilitate newly hired clinical faculty begin training within the established timeframe.
- Ensure clinical faculty receive contracts as necessary and continue to meet contractual obligations.
- Maintain contents of clinical faculty files in compliance with College policy and accreditation standards.
- Ensure clinical faculty evaluations are completed in accordance with policy.
- Address clinical faculty concerns and collaborate with the leadership team as appropriate.
- Address issues of non-compliance with College or hospital policies with individual clinical faculty.
- Provide clinical faculty with information regarding future CPNE schedule, updates to College policies and procedures (e.g. payroll) and test site hospital requirements.
- Approve payroll and travel reimbursement.
- Ensure students are scheduled for the CPNE.
- Ensure required student CPNE documents (electronic and paper) are maintained in a secure manner consistent with College policy and state and federal regulations.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director of Student Accessibility or designee to meet student needs in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Address students concerns and collaborate with the leadership team as appropriate.
- Communicate changes to College or test site hospital policies and procedures in a timely manner.
D. Participate in training appropriate to the position (e.g. manager training)
E. Represent the SON on College-wide committees.
III. CPNE Testing Project Management
- Work with team and other SON and College staff to develop work plans that track test scheduling and completion.
- Manage workflow and continuously assess for opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Use data to make evidence- based decisions in planning and scheduling CPNE administrations.
- Manage the consistency and accuracy of student and faculty CPNE related communications; seeking guidance as needed.
- Review monthly data (expenses and CPNE administrations) compare to the monthly goals, and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Operationalize new editions and models of CPNE administration (e.g. CPNE Pilot).
IV. Fiscal Management
- Participate in the budget building process with Nursing Leadership team on annual basis
- Monitor CPAC expenses and review on monthly basis with Dean/Assistant Dean to ensure overall achievement of testing goals in an efficient manner.
V. Other duties as assigned
Travel: Travel is required of all faculty and administrative personnel. The amount of travel varies and may be extensive.
- A Baccalaureate Degree is required
- Experience with Project Management and technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with regulatory and contractual compliance preferred
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: