Closing Date: December 9, 2020
Excelsior’s course developers come from a variety of backgrounds but are all selected for their expertise and their stature within their discipline.
This graduate course on healthcare policy, politics, and power seeks to equip students with the skills and knowledge to understand and promote change around the impacts of power disparities on policy advocacy, development, and implementation in our communities, states, the nation, and globally. The ideal candidate will work closely with the program director to create a highly experiential course that immerses student in scenarios currently experienced by health and public health leaders working with marginalized communities. Opportunities will be integrated for students to explore multiple perspectives on population health issues, conduct root cause analyses and develop sustainable solutions to address disparities in power, health outcomes, and built environment.
Excelsior College provides fully developed courses with materials and activities to allow the faculty to focus on the students. The course developer will work closely with faculty program director on selecting and curating content. The developer will ensure that the content included is original, relevant to the course topic and course level, and inclusive of multiple perspectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop original written and audio-visual course content.
- Select and curate course materials.
- Contribute in selecting resources to complement course materials.
- Create module outcomes.
- Create innovative, professionally relevant assessments that measure course and module outcomes.
- Create rubrics to assess learning.
- Masters Degree in field mentioned above and a minimum of 5 years of policy making, policy advocacy, or closely related leadership experience.
- Terminal Degree (J.D. or Ph.D) in Public Health, Health Sciences, Nursing, Healthcare Administration, or associated degree.
- Experience teaching in higher education, preferably online.
- Commitment to the mission of Excelsior College.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: