Closing Date: April 9, 2020
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is a full-time position based at 3 Columbia Circle in Albany, NY. The BI developer is a member of the Business Intelligence Team within the Technology and Facility Services (TFS) and reports to the Director of Business Intelligence, works in collaboration with data analysts, business users and TFS staff, and is a member of the team responsible for implementing and delivering business intelligence solutions to Excelsior College.
The BI Developer will collaborate with business users and stakeholders to gather and analyze business requirements to design, develop and maintain reports and dashboards using QlikView, Qlik Sense and other BI tools. Additionally, this position will participate in on-going efforts to build, support, and extend the data architecture that will support reporting and analytical needs of the College, and provide support to staff members who are responsible for departmental reporting.
The BI Developer is expected to develop an in-depth understanding of data maintained in various transactional application systems used by Excelsior College (both on-premise and cloud-based) and how data from these systems are best organized and integrated to support transactional, reporting, and analytic needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with data analysts and business users to analyze, estimate, and fulfill requests for information and reports from transactional systems.
- Design and develop reports and dashboards using QlikView, QlikSense and other BI tools.
- Assist in performing BI systems testing, including data quality assurance, operations process, performance, and usability testing.
- Perform tasks related to the deployment, configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of business intelligence systems.
- Create and maintain PLSQL and TSQL procedures to process and store data.
- Assist in executing, monitoring, and administering data extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes within the production data warehouse environment.
- Maintain a strong understanding of business workflow, processes, and events and how these are captured in transactional systems.
- Write technical documentation and term definitions in Data Cookbook.
- Enhance professional knowledge and skills by attending conferences and advanced training in required areas of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, systems engineering, database management or related field required.
- At least three years’ experience writing and troubleshooting complex Oracle SQL queries and PL/SQL code OR Microsoft SQLServer Queries and TSQL. Experience in developing SQL code within a data warehouse environment is desirable.
- Strong understanding of relational database systems and data warehousing concepts. Experience in designing and developing dimensional models is desirable.
- Experience with enterprise-level business intelligence applications and reporting tools. Experience in QlikView and Qlik Sense are desirable.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: