Closing Date: May 15, 2019
The Associate Director of One Stop reports to the Executive Director of Student Financial Services and Registration. This person will have a primary focus on student-facing, non-academic services and will assist the Executive Director in the day-to-day operations of the unit. This position will be responsible for maintaining compliance with institutional policy/procedure as well as applicable state and federal regulation for a program, project and/or processing team. In addition, the person will help develop and implement strategies that will leverage unit resources to increase enrollment and registrations at Excelsior College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to students and staff through all communications by demonstrating effective listening, diplomacy, availability and timely response to all inquiries.
- Assist the Executive Director with the day-to-day management of non-academic student services provided in One Stop, including assisting with all areas of day-to-day administration and supervision of some staff.
- Work closely with key leaders in the Student Financial Services and Registration unit and across the college to establish and implement compliant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for managing a program, project and/or processing team within the One Stop.
- Responsible for remaining up-to-date with changes in regulation as well as interpreting and implementing those regulations within assigned program(s).
- Provides training in subject matter expertise as needed.
- Work to promote academic success, increase retention, decrease time toward graduation, and improve the overall educational experience of students.
- Support the development of the whole student by providing excellent customer service and resolution of issues through telephone, email, and preparation of written correspondence for financial aid.
- Serve as an information resource for all incoming students, transfers, and re-entering students as well as internal staff.
- Assist with developing, revising, and updating processes along with creating and/or editing any required forms and publications.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience in higher education student service administration is required.
- Candidate must demonstrate proficiency with a student information system, Microsoft office software and program administration.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills are essential.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an interest in promoting distance learning higher education to a diverse adult student population.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Title IV compliance and supervision.
- The ideal candidate will have experience certifying Veteran Assistance benefits and GI Bill practices.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: