Closing Date: October 5, 2020
The Admissions Support Specialist is a front line, student service position that serves the needs of new inquiries, prospective and enrolled students. The Student Support team is responsible for meeting the needs of all students by providing accurate, consistent, and timely information through various communication techniques. The position requires a positive and caring commitment to provide exceptional service, understanding of Excelsior College, all degree programs, policies, and services offered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Admissions Support Specialist will work as a team to assist in case management activities for prospective and enrolled students.
- Work collaboratively with the Admissions Counselor and Academic Advising teams.
- Communicate with prospective students, applicants, and enrolled students via phone, chat, and email, with a heavy focus on phones.
- Trained and coached to have a good understanding of Excelsior college, programs, processes, tuition and fees, and other key information.
- Support the Admissions Counselors and Academic Advisors to develop the whole student experience.
- The Admissions Support Specialist should possess good communications skills and the ability to deal with challenging situations in a courteous and professional manner.
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development.
- Stay current with knowledge and use of Excelsior College’s Student Information System (SIS), telephony system, and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Ability to handle a high volume of outbound calling to ensure timely outreach to new inquiries.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in support of the needs of the department.
- Minimum of one year experience in Admissions and/or in a Communication Center preferred.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high-energy office and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with all colleagues.
- Ability to master and assimilate a large amount of information about academic offerings with accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Candidates should demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in higher education and demonstrate an interest in promoting distance learning to a diverse adult student population.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: