Closing Date: April 6, 2020
The Admissions Counselor position is a consultative role that provides in-depth counsel to Excelsior College’s prospective students. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for understanding the goals of prospective students and counseling them towards the online degree program of best fit.
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for establishing strong relational connections with Excelsior College prospective students and using rapport building and developmental questions to obtain a thorough understanding of the individual needs and motivations of Excelsior College prospective students. This role is responsible for communicating and explaining the enrollment process and helping prospective students complete each step in a timely manner. The Admissions Counselor serves as a source of motivation and counsel throughout the full enrollment process.
The position requires mastery of lead management, to ensure prospective students are being communicated with in a timely manner, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment. The Admissions Counselor should have a deep understanding of Excelsior College programs and policies to assist prospective students in making informed decisions that will assist them in moving forward with their educational objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizing strong attention to detail to ensure that leads are managed to allow for multiple outreach attempts and contacts per student throughout the enrollment process.
- Building strong relationships with prospective students through successful use of rapport building techniques and discovery questions aimed at understanding each student’s unique background, motivation, challenges, and future goals.
- Effectively communicating the features and benefits of Excelsior College academic offerings in clear and concise manner to prospective students.
- Manage the enrollment cycle for prospective students, outlining deadlines and deliverables in a way that motivates prospective students to complete their admissions files in a timely manner
- Ability to thrive in a high paced environment that continually provides service to prospective students through phone calls, emails, and chat.
- Comfort and knowledge of key performance indicators for the position such as lead management, quality assurance, and conversion.
- Commitment to participate in consistent and thorough training exercises to become proficient in all Excelsior College degree programs, admissions requirements, policies, and services, and apply in an organic and transformational manner.
- Commitment to participate in consistent and thorough training to effectively use Excelsior College’s Student Information System, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, telephony system, and Qlikview for self-managed reports.
- A thorough understanding of all methods of earning credit, application process, tuition, eligibility requirements for each program, and other key information that is relevant in the pre-enrollment process.
- Explain and discuss the process of providing a preliminary evaluation of all credits earned and the outcome of the process.
- Bachelor Degree from regionally accredited College or University.
- Minimum of one year experience in Admissions and/or in a Communication Center preferred.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high-energy office and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to master and assimilate a large amount of information about academic offerings with accuracy and detail
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with college admissions programs and demonstrate an interest in promoting distance learning higher education to a diverse adult student population.
- This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), 12-month, benefits-eligible position. The required office hours may include different shifts spanning 8:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- These hours are subject to change based on the needs of the college and our students.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: