Closing Date: February 20, 2019
This position requires strong organizational skills, effective oral and written communication and an ability to think critically and perform independently while supporting operations within the School of Nursing. The Administrative Associate will be required to access College-wide data systems, arrange meetings with internal and external stakeholders, monitor unit budgets and expenditures, coordinate student appeals, and prepare meeting minutes and routine correspondence. The position requires working knowledge of the Student Information System and an understanding and adherence to student and employee policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to the needs of stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure the College and SON are perceived as customer oriented and responsive.
- Compose, modify and proof routine and confidential correspondence including letters, memos, and forms.
- Coordinate meetings of the Nursing Faculty Committee, SON Advisory Committee and other committees as necessary
- Manage daily academic operations related to student appeals and academic progression decisions.
- Utilize available data systems to create reports in support of SON initiatives.
- Coordinate travel for senior nursing leadership team.
- Organize and track office expenditures in support of the annual budget.
- Process purchase requests and adjunct/consulting faculty payment as necessary.
- Serve on college-wide committees and task groups as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associated Degree preferred.
- High level of interpersonal communication skills to provide quality staff and student service.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as team member.
- Advanced skills using computer-based applications including Microsoft Office and the College’s student information system; willingness to learn new computer software
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: