Closing Date: February 12, 2020
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, online private not-for-profit institution of higher learning is seeking dynamic applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Dean in the School of Undergraduate Studies. Join our dedicated team of educators and staff at an accredited, forward thinking college delivering the power of knowledge and opportunity to adult learners whatever their location.
This position reports to the Dean of the School of Undergraduate Studies. The Administrative Assistant will perform diversified secretarial and administrative functions, to support the work of the Dean which requires the ability to learn and apply established policies and practices. Productive organizational skills and flexible interpersonal communication skills are required to ensure that specialized projects and the daily and on-going work flow are organized, prioritized and completed accurately within prescribed time frames.
The Administrative Assistant will demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer applications and utilize initiative and good decision-making skills to assist with and/or coordinate detailed office functions and provide assistance for administrative and business details.
This is a full-time position based at 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone and provide information to callers or route calls to appropriate contact.
- Assist and support with unit communications relating to college issues, staff and external businesses.
- Process confidential and routine correspondence and reports as assigned.
- Support and assist with coordination of logistical activities associated with unit planning, training and information sessions.
- Schedule administrative meetings, forums and appointments.
- Compose, modify and proof correspondence: manuals, letters, memos, and forms.
- Read and route incoming and outgoing mail.
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business, and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person.
- Transcribe notes on computer, or from voice recordings.
- Create, modify, maintain databases and administrative directories.
- Develop and maintain updated filing systems.
- Secure confidential correspondence and records.
- Organize and track office expenditures and staff travel.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to correspondence to be answered by supervisor.
- Photocopy correspondence or other printed materials.
- Record minutes of staff meetings.
- Responsibilities also include training, planning and directing work; addressing complaints, concerns and resolving problems.
- Serve on college-wide committees as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); a minimum of 2 to 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Utilize flexible business communication skills to provide quality staff/student service.
- Ability to communicate and accomplish staff results.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Work flexible hours as needed.
- High level of proficiency utilizing computer-based applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet browsers and other applications; willingness to learn new computer software; type minimum of 50-55 wpm.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: