Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, online private not-for-profit institution of higher learning
is seeking dynamic applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant for Scanning in the School of Nursing.Join our team of dedicated staff who is hard working and passionate in helping adult students meet their educational, career, and personal goals.
Closing Date: February 25, 2020
The Administrative Assistant for Scanning will prepare, scan, and index documents using the College’s imaging and workflow systems for data collection and data/image retention. The administrative assistant will be responsible for conducting checks on scanning quality and accuracy of data and images. The Administrative Assistant will communicate scanning concerns and coordinate the work flow and retain documents in accordance with Excelsior College document security policies and FERPA compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of documented systems, standards, and policies pertaining to this position and diligently adheres to them; assist in maintaining and updating these as it pertains to this position.
- Protects the organization by keeping all information confidential and secure.
- Prepare, organize, Clinical Performance in Nursing Examination (CPNE), Nursing Skills Lab (NSL), and Patient Care Situation (PCS) scoring tool document for scanning for data collection and imaging. This includes separating all exam booklets, maintaining page order of exam booklet and the entire CPNE file, scanning, verifying data and imaging accuracy.
- Performs quality control services comparing completed data to the hardcopy document utilizing PC workstation with attached scanner using production scanning software.
- Return scanned document to students file in the same order in which it was removed.
- Performs preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning workstations and peripherals as needed.
- Serve on college-wide committee as assigned.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); One year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to administratively support multiple managers within unit.
- Utilize strong, verbal, and written communication skills to provide quality service to a diverse population of students and staff.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate and accomplish staff results.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining consistent work flow and meeting deadlines.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Willingness to work in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Work flexible hours as needed.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: