Closing Date: September 22, 2020
The Academic Evaluator: OneTranscript & NCCRS Transcript Service Admin’s (AE) primary responsibility is the management of the two services through the accurate and timely evaluation of educational experiences from various postsecondary sources and direct customer service. A secondary role will be to serve as an AE for degree seeking students. The AE serves as a valuable resource to students, staff, faculty, and external organizations determining appropriate interpretation and application of College policies and procedures as they relate to transfer credit.
AE candidates must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication and customer service to internal and external stakeholders; have a solid understanding of program curriculum and its effect on graduation; be able to effectively work in a team environment; have a commitment to providing quality service through the assimilation of a large body of information; and demonstrate considerable judgment, accuracy, consistency, critical thinking, and strong analytical skills. AEs must represent Excelsior College within the worldwide academic community in a professional manner.
This full-time position with benefits reports to the Executive Director within the Transcript Analysis Center. Evening and weekend hours may be necessary for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise prospective and enrolled OneTranscript/National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) students. Serve as sole service provider to both services, including maintenance of work queues, answering phones and responding to email.
- Evaluate sources of credit such as college/military transcripts, international evaluation reports, documentation of experiential learning, professional certifications for accreditation, applicability toward programs per college policies using the student information system and evaluation procedures.
- Research and analyze course descriptions, syllabi, college catalogs, and other documents to evaluate and apply credits.
- Participate in maintenance of evaluation resource repositories.
- Prepare official reviews with internal and external sources of credit. Ensure they are communicated to students within prescribed turnaround time.
- Serve as liaison to NCCRS and to key OneTranscript organizations.
- Work with marketing to maintain the program applications, promotional materials and websites. Communicate updates to stakeholders. Promote and increase interest in both services.
- Review refund requests for OneTranscript/NCCRS working in collaboration with college offices.
- Provide training for staff on OneTranscript/NCCRS services and maintain training manuals and backup procedures.
- Work independently and cooperatively providing excellent customer service to team members, college staff and students to ensure quality.
- Maintain currency regarding institutional information, admissions requirements, new programs, course changes, policies, deadlines, milestones/goals, deadlines, costs, initiatives, transfer requirements, and state/federal mandates.
- Actively participate in professional development. Serve on college committees, complete special projects, participate in training and other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required.
- Previous experience in higher education preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and decision making skills. Strong oral and written communication, including the ability to work in a collegial manner with students, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to review/prepare accurate detailed documents, reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to comprehend a wide range of knowledge with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Ability to incorporate and reflect the values of the adult student.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret academic catalogs, course syllabi, policies, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Proficient computer literacy, including Internet skills.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: