Excelsior College in Albany, New York seeks a Data Scientist to design and implement statistical models to enhance business processes and support student success.
Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide data and information that supports decision-making, continuous institutional improvement, and regulatory compliance. Specific duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate structured and unstructured business questions into data analytical problems;
- Create appropriate analysis, collaborate with business users to create a working solution using the most appropriate technology platform;
- Extract, clean, transform and manage data from college systems and public source;
- Develop, implement, and revise predictive and other statistical/analytical models to facilitate productivity, efficiency and student success;
- Solve statistical, Machine learning, analytical and data mining problems;
- Work closely with the applications development and applications support team to integrate analytics products in to existing system;
- Prepare, analyze, interpret, and present data to various audiences using tables, charts, and narrative reports;
- Develop processes, visualization, dashboards, and other tools and automated solutions that enable business users at various levels to utilize analytic products on regular basis;
- Liaise with third party analytics providers and consultants on contract with the College;
- Serve as a resource to senior research analysts in order to develop team knowledge.
- M.S. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering Management or a related Quantitative Social Science.
- Must have two years of Business/Dante Intelligence Analytics experience with: R, SAS, SQL, Linux, Tableau; and, Machine learning models.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at jobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: