An Excellent Employee Experience
We offer a vibrant and dynamic workplace with unmatched opportunities and a supportive environment as you help the College meet its mission to provide educational opportunity to adult learners with an emphasis on those historically underrepresented in higher education. Excelsior College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA employer committed to excellence and inclusion, and has been listed multiple times as being among the Times Union Top Workplaces in NY’s Capital Region.
While being an institution that offers primarily online programs which necessitate around-the-clock support, the College’s main office normal business hours are M-F, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Full-time employees work 37.50 hours per week (7.5 hours/day), and payroll is issued biweekly and delivered via direct deposit. Excelsior’s primary dress code is business casual with Fridays being designated as casual day, however flexibility is warranted depending on the nature of the position and interaction with key constituents such as students, accreditors, etc.
Here are the highlights of the generous benefits you’ll receive as an Excelsior College employee:
- Excellent health insurance options
- Generous paid time off accruals starting after only two weeks
- 11 designated paid holidays per year plus a floating holiday
- 401(a) retirement plan whereby, upon eligibility, the College will contribute 7% of your monthly base salary
- Option to participate in a 403(b) tax-deferred supplemental retirement plan
- Extended illness bank offering paid time off for certain health-related and bereavement absences
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance Program for employees and dependents
- Extensive in-person and online training and professional development programs
- Paid jury duty (up to 10 days)
Read the details in the current Benefits Summary.
- New employees are immediately on payroll – no lag period is required
- Free parking at the Albany headquarters
- On-site cafeteria, catered by Mazzone Hospitality
- Discounted movie tickets
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Cell phone and computer purchase discounts
- On-site ATM