Working at Excelsior College
The Excelsior College Employee Experience
Excelsior College is a vibrant and dynamic workplace. Here you’ll find unmatched opportunities and a supportive environment as you help the College meet its mission to provide educational opportunity to adult learners with an emphasis on those historically underrepresented in higher education.
Named among the Times Union Top Workplaces for three consecutive years, Excelsior College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA employer committed to excellence and inclusion.
In addition to a robust suite of employee benefits, here are some of things that make working at Excelsior an exceptional experience:
- Free parking at the Albany headquarters.
- A curbside mobile ATM on payday Fridays.
- An in-house cafeteria, catered by Mazzone Hospitality.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- Weekly local produce deliveries.
- Subsidized gym memberships.
- A variety of on-site health and wellness opportunities.
- Cellphone and computer purchase discounts.
The College’s normal business hours are 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Full-time employees work 37.50 hours per week (7.5 hours/day), and payroll is issued biweekly and delivered via direct deposit. New employees are immediately on payroll; no lag period is required. Excelsior’s dress code is business casual and Fridays are designated as casual day.
Here is an overview of the many benefits you’ll receive as an Excelsior College employee. Detailed information is available in the Employee Handbook and through the Office of Human Resources.