An Excellent Employee Experience
We offer a vibrant and dynamic workplace with unmatched opportunities and a supportive environment as you help the College meet its mission to provide educational opportunity to adult learners with an emphasis on those historically underrepresented in higher education. Excelsior College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA employer committed to excellence and inclusion, and has been listed multiple times among the Times Union Top Workplaces.
The College’s normal business hours are M-F, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Full-time employees work 37.50 hours per week (7.5 hours/day), and payroll is issued biweekly and delivered via direct deposit. Excelsior’s dress code is business casual and Fridays are designated as casual day.
Here are the highlights of the generous benefits you’ll receive as an Excelsior College employee:
- Excellent health insurance options
- Generous paid time off accruals starting after only two weeks
- 10 paid holidays per year plus a floating holiday
- 401(a) retirement plan under which we contribute 7% of your monthly base salary
- Option to participate in a 403(b) tax-deferred supplemental retirement plan
- Extended illness bank
- Paid jury duty (up to 10 days)
Read the details in the current Benefits Summary.
- New employees are immediately on payroll – no lag period is required
- Free parking at the Albany headquarters
- On-site cafeteria, catered by Mazzone Hospitality
- Discounted movie tickets
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Cell phone and computer purchase discounts
- On-site ATM