Closing Date: June 1, 2016
Join our team of dedicated IT professionals helping to empower students to meet their educational needs!
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, virtual, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning
is seeking dynamic applicants for the position of Web Applications Administrator in the Office of Information and Technology Services.
The Web Applications Administrator is a member of the Enterprise Applications Support team within the Office of Information and Technology Services. The team is responsible for providing high-quality services to the institution in the areas of integration, database administration, website administration, Salesforce administration and environment management.
The Web Applications Administrator is responsible for providing expert administration of commercial off-the-shelf applications, including web content management systems. Different functional areas throughout the College have implemented specialized software to meet organizational goals (i.e. financial aid, alumni affairs, registration and records). The successful candidate will be able to work well with customers in the functional area, understand functional area business processes and needs, and assist the functional area leaders in translating those needs into technical solutions. This is a full-time position based at 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY.
• Manage access rights for web content management systems.
• Assure web content management systems function in a secure and reliable manner.
• Troubleshoot issues related to the College’s web site.
• Analyze business processes and define application requirements.
• Become the primary point of contact for the functional area customers for the system under administration.
• Create, maintain and document system configurations.
• Install software packages, upgrades, data conversion and maintenance.
• Work with other IT team members to determine and implement appropriate backup and disaster recovery procedures.
• Prepare accurate time estimates for projects and manages tasks to meet deadlines.
• Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for improvements and implement changes.
• Coordinate and implement testing plans.
• Attend professional conferences and training courses as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
• Associates Degree required, bachelors degree preferred in computer science or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others, and maintain a positive sense of humor.
• Ability to analyze complex customer issues, develop and evaluate alternatives and present solutions in a professional manner.
• Web content management experience (WordPress and/or Liferay preferred).
• Demonstrated proficiency in analysis of business process and design.
• Understanding of environment management concepts
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational and decision-making skills including the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while providing quality customer service and products.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technology.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to work alternate shifts on an as needed basis.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at www.excelsior.edu/ecresumesubmission, or by mail: